The Brookfield Lacrosse Association takes the COVID-19 pandemic seriously and we understand that each family has decisions to make as it relates to their level of participation in upcoming events/seasons. BLA has created the guidelines below based on information shared by US Lacrosse, information from state agencies and using information from other organizations. Participants, parents,families, and spectators engaging in lacrosse and activities related to lacrosse do so with knowledge of the risk and potential exposure involved.
Given the fluid nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and everchanging state and local guidelines, the Brookfield Lacrosse reserves the right to modify these guidelines without prior notice.
- US Lacrosse Return to Play Guidelines:
- Centers for Disease Control COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Symptom List: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- Waukesha County Public Health: https://www.waukeshacounty.gov/COVID19
- All participants must understand that our priority is to ensure the safest possible environment for players, BLA coaches, board members, and spectators.
- Some families will take more precautions than others. We will respect each family’s choices.
- Failure to follow specific direction from a coach or other representative of the organization can result in that player being removed from playing with the organization.
- Prior to returning to play, each player’s parent or guardian must digitally acknowledge the Return to Play waiver distributed by the Brookfield Lacrosse via TeamSnap.
- If any participant (player, coach, volunteer, spectator) begins exhibiting symptoms of possible exposure to COVID-19, such as fever or other symptoms outlined at the above CDC link or indicated below, they should not come to Stars events or participate in the events until such time as the participant has been tested and/or cleared. Any confirmed exposure to an individual positive for COVID-19 should be reported to the appropriate health authorities, medical personnel, and Stars coach as soon as possible.
- Parents are strongly advised to review the symptoms below prior to arriving at any BLA sanctioned event:
- COVID-19 like symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- At least two of the following symptoms
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Repeated shaking with chills
- New loss of taste/smell
- Within the last 14 Days if you
- Had close contact with an individual under investigation for or diagnosed with COVID-19
- Traveled via plane internationally
- Note: If you answer yes to the questions but it’s unrelated to a contagious illness (i.e.muscle ache due to sports participation) then you may opt to participate in BLA activities
- All participants, spectators, and volunteers must make all efforts to adhere to six-foot physical distancing while participating in Brookfield Stars softball regardless of venue.
- There will be no shared water bottles/coolers, food, sunflower seeds, or other communal items.
- Any food or snack item that could result in spitting is banned at all team events (gum, seeds, watermelon, etc.)
- The Brookfield Stars will provide hand sanitizer at games and practices. However each family should plan to have their own as well.
- All participants, spectators and volunteers should adhere to any tournament/away game rules and guidelines as distributed or posted.
Team Guidelines (Players, Coaches, Stars Board Members)
- Coaches will modify, to the degree possible, practice and warm-up plans to maximize social distancing.
- Coaches will maintain an attendance log at all practices, games, and team events.
- Each player should use hand sanitizer upon arrival and should have her own labeled hand sanitizer bottle with her equipment bag.
- Players, coaches, and board members are permitted to wear a face mask at any time, including game play, and all participants will respect that decision.
- Mask must be of one color, cannot be distracting and cannot have designs.
- Every mask must be labeled with the player’s name and remain with the player’s equipment in a marked bag when not in use.
- Teams will not enter a dugout until the other team has completely exited the area.
- No food will be allowed in the designated dugout area unless medically necessary and discussed in advance with coaching staff.
- Where possible, dugouts will be expanded to allow for better social distancing:
- Each player should bring her own chair to each game with her name on it.
- Individual equipment will stay in the area designated for that player.
- All player water bottles must be labeled with the player’s name or it will be removed from the area.
- There will be no shared equipment, including helmets, facemasks, bats, gloves, and other gear.
- Exception will be Goalie equipment as needed, which will be sanitized before it is used by another player.
- Brookfield Stars will provide its own game balls for use during league and tournament games.
- Teams should not congregate between games, before practice or other team activities.
- Parents and Stars representatives will help social distancing efforts at tournaments.
- There will not be a post-game “handshake”; players should line-up on the foul line for a wave, cheer, or other unified action in appreciation of the other team.
- Pre and/or post-game huddles should be done in the outfield or other designated area that facilitates social distancing. Only players and coaches will be present for post-game huddles.
- Players are discouraged from carpooling with other players and their families.
Family and Spectator Guidelines
Parents, guardians, and spectators:
- Should drop off players at practice to avoid unnecessary contact.
- Are encouraged to follow 6-foot social distancing guidelines from others not in their household.
- Are encouraged to leave tournament sites in between games when the schedule allows.
- Are encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility.
- Are encouraged to bring their own sanitizing wipes for restroom/personal cleanliness.
- Are discouraged from carpooling with other players and their families.
- Should view the games from designated spectator areas.
- May not enter the dugout or designated dugout areas for any reason.
- Should be understanding and respectful of any additional requests of any coach, tournament personnel or board member.
Questions? Please email the President of Brookfield Lacrosse at: firstname.lastname@example.org