Open Positions within BLA!
Co-Director Girls Youth
The role of the Youth Girls Director is to ensure the best possible experience for the players, coaches and parents in the program. The Director of Youth Girls Lacrosse will serve as a liaison between parents and MAYLA and will ensure that the sport is held in good standing through a climate of fairness and good sportsmanship. The Director will attend board meetings and develop and implement an operational plan and balanced budget. The Director will work with the Director of Field Operations regarding fields and equipment for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Work with other BLA Board members to develop the BLA Goals for the upcoming years
- Establish operational plan based on goals of the organization
- Develop and maintain a program level balanced budget
- Coordinate and recruit coaching volunteers
- Actively pursue and schedule training for all coaches
- Complete and communicate coaching expectations
- Plan and recruit volunteers for team management, games, fundraising, uniforms, event planning and other needed assignments
- Work with game day volunteer coordinator to ensure games are staffed with time keepers, score keeper and culture keeper
- Work with fundraising volunteers to plan and execute fundraising events/programs that support the operational plan and budget for the year.
- Work with the uniform volunteers to order and distribute uniforms for the teams
- Liaison with Field Director and Coaching Director to ensure that the Girls Program has fields, equipment and coaches necessary.
- Review & update, if necessary the website details for the program each season.
- Shop for best uniform vendor and contract for the season
- Schedule practices for all levels (Indoor and outdoor)
- Schedule Parent Information Night before the season begins
- Communicate with players and parents via e-mail, phone calls, website
- Work with MAYLA on game scheduling
- Coordinate “Try it for Free” activities before season begins
- Plan and work on a schedule for inclement weather and make up games before the season
- 6 hours per week during primary season (February – June)
- 6 hours per month outside of primary season
- This position my be shared by 2 individuals
Term: 2 years
Interested applicants should email Kim Prudlow at: firstname.lastname@example.org